The Underwear Community has a PROBLEM

discuss about anything (related to underwear)
briefsforme
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

The Underwear Community has a PROBLEM

#1 Post by briefsforme » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:51 am

Sigh...

I don’t exactly know where to begin. But before I say anything, I’m not singling any single person out. I’m just speaking in general.

So a few months back, I posted a YouTube video of a guy trying to make it in the YouTube scene. I posted here of course because the video topic was about briefs.

The guy even showed off his own briefs on Instagram.

Anyhow, I would expect people to have some self control but of course- this led to some comments on the video and picture. And even creepy DM’s.

It got bad enough to where this guy deleted the video. The video that didn’t even have a shot of his underwear. The video that had a much higher than average amount of views for his channel.

And he deleted his picture too.

It’s frustrating that we as a community want content like this but we ruin it for ourselves. There’s all these memes and discussions about why straight guys can’t handle being around gay guys or something and sometimes... it’s like... do you not see how we are causing it? (Again, only sometimes)

Anyway, I just wanted to vent. This happens not only in the undie world but also the wedgie world if anyone frequents there.

I didn’t post this on the same thread because I don’t want to attract any more attention to this guy. I’m glad I didn’t share everything I found.

And I don’t plan on sharing more things when they involve real people I. E. Not celebs.

P. S. If anyone calls me a hypocrite for my posts when I was 17. LOL 😂

dakota

Re: The Underwear Community has a PROBLEM

#2 Post by dakota » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:32 pm

I don't think it's just the gay/underwear community. I think it's website trolls in general. People post something they are passionate about, and the anonymous people out there in the unwashed Internet wasteland love to pick it apart, get snarky, and generally f*ck things up, just because they CAN. Read reviews about some products, and you'll see the same thing, especially on YouTube. People think they are clever or funny, or even interesting, by making inane remarks. And things tend to spiral out of control from there, as rude people try to outdo each other. Post a picture on Facebook that some a$$hole decides offends them (or not, but they claim it does) and they complain to FB about it, and WHAM, the original person gets banned from FB for a time. It's all lame, and very stupid. That's why I don't post images anymore - anywhere. My personal FB page is reserved for posting recipes and cat videos. LOL!

Your posts when you were 17 caught you a lot of crap around here, and I don't think any of it was deserved. You took a lot of heat for nothing. But you've been here long enough now to see how this site has declined over the years. Every time I drop in to U4M and find it's still online surprises me. Virtually all of the friends I made here have moved on by now. I'd think Ethan or Drew would also have had enough, and also moved on. And I've been coming here for almost 20 years. I only come back to see if any of my friends have posted something new. So I can make a wisea$$ reply. (J/K. I'm too nice for that. Most of the time. ;))

Sorry about the post you made, and that guy getting crap. But consider the source. Anonymous people can be jerks.

--Dakota
Bend over. I'll drive. :cool:

peppmba
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#3 Post by peppmba » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Briefs,

There is definitely an a-hole edge to everything internet, people feel courageous under the cover of anonymity, and unpleasant things are the result. I don't have a fix for it, mind you, but I agree people can be jerks. My own personal rule for social media (I only have Insta, no FB or anything else) is that if I can't say something nice, I stay quiet. It's easy and simple. I have actually made friends that way, and it keeps things calm, cool, and collected. I know people use social media for activism and other worthwhile causes, so I can only speak for my own use and purpose. My rule is if I'm not laughing, I'm not interested. Maybe it's shallow, but there you go.

Dakota,

The conversations here have definitely declined, and I, too, miss interacting with some of the guys here. I can at least say I took one friend away from here, someone that I will hopefully meet in real life someday. He knows who he is, and I am thankful for that. But the topics, the different perspectives, and the back-and-forth that used to be no longer exists here. I still come here, especially for the shopping and media sections (I want to make sure I don't miss any new products or interesting movies, hahaha), but I certainly miss the good ol' U4M days. Best regards to all ...
You do not like it where you are?

Move.

You are not a tree.

briefsforme
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#4 Post by briefsforme » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Hey,

Thanks for the responses. :)

And apologies for being unclear, but what I was getting at was that- this specific situation(and others like this) happened not because of internet trolls.

It happened because it was posted on this board. And someone or some people(from this board) decided to contact the YouTuber and make him feel uncomfortable enough to delete the videos he had.

Daveinbriefs
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#5 Post by Daveinbriefs » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm

I agree with you 100% a couple years ago no matter what I posted someonewould disregard it say it wasn't true say it seemed inconceivable that I saw what I saw... No matter what I posted someone always said it couldn't of happened no that wasn't true

Daveinbriefs
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#6 Post by Daveinbriefs » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm

I agree with you 100% a couple years ago no matter what I posted someonewould disregard it say it wasn't true say it seemed inconceivable that I saw what I saw... No matter what I posted someone always said it couldn't of happened no that wasn't true

Noah

#7 Post by Noah » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:34 am

I still come here regularly, mostly hoping to see something new from You guys! Pep & Dak you both are basics for this site! Let's not give up guyz :rock:

Noah
peppmba wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:28 pm
Briefs,

There is definitely an a-hole edge to everything internet, people feel courageous under the cover of anonymity, and unpleasant things are the result. I don't have a fix for it, mind you, but I agree people can be jerks. My own personal rule for social media (I only have Insta, no FB or anything else) is that if I can't say something nice, I stay quiet. It's easy and simple. I have actually made friends that way, and it keeps things calm, cool, and collected. I know people use social media for activism and other worthwhile causes, so I can only speak for my own use and purpose. My rule is if I'm not laughing, I'm not interested. Maybe it's shallow, but there you go.

Dakota,

The conversations here have definitely declined, and I, too, miss interacting with some of the guys here. I can at least say I took one friend away from here, someone that I will hopefully meet in real life someday. He knows who he is, and I am thankful for that. But the topics, the different perspectives, and the back-and-forth that used to be no longer exists here. I still come here, especially for the shopping and media sections (I want to make sure I don't miss any new products or interesting movies, hahaha), but I certainly miss the good ol' U4M days. Best regards to all ...

certsdude

#8 Post by certsdude » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:04 pm

I think that we’re all pretty much in agreement but I can’t seem to leave you guys that have been the core of U4men.
You can't have too much underwear.

UndieGuy

#9 Post by UndieGuy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:49 am

That’s why I don’t comment of videos and such the people here post. Unless they are clearly an underwear fan, but that is almost never the case. So, I don’t post anything. No need to be a creeper.

peppmba
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#10 Post by peppmba » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:41 pm

Noah wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:34 am
I still come here regularly, mostly hoping to see something new from You guys! Pep & Dak you both are basics for this site! Let's not give up guyz :rock:

Noah

Noah, thank you very much. I am not the legend Dakota is, but your words are very kind.
:D
You do not like it where you are?

Move.

You are not a tree.

dakota

#11 Post by dakota » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:43 pm

Pep, I don't know how legendary I am. But thanks! :)

I think the idea that this comment: "someone or some people(from this board) decided to contact the YouTuber and make him feel uncomfortable enough to delete the videos he had" could even happen is pretty hardcore. But then, there is no restriction on people viewing this site. It's been around long enough to gather its share os a$$holes who come here to make fun of people who post here. So they may not be trolls in the traditional sense, but if they are coming here just to make trouble, they can do so without reprisal.

The fix for that would be to restrict access to the site, but I don't think that fits into Ethan's business model. He used to get paid for people paying for access to adult sites through this one, and I don't know if that's still the case. But given that he nevercopes here anymore seems to indicate he has other interests, and U4M is still online because it just hasn't been shut down. Anyone who legitimately comes here out of an interest in men's underwear doesn't seem the type to harass someone away from this site. Drew has taken good care of the site for a long time, and is sorely underpaid for the efforts he puts in.

Note this text, taken from the bottom of entrance page of U4M just this moment:

"WHO IS ONLINE: In total there are 24 users online :: 1 registered, 1 hidden and 22 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 83 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:46 am"

This ^^^ says that only ONE USER currently viewing the site is registered. I'd assume that's me. But another person has chosen to hide his presence, and TWENTY TWO people are viewing anonymously. That should say a whole lot about what's happening around here. Note that last March there were EIGHTY THREE people here at the same time. There sure as hell hasn't been 83 new posts in a month lately, so what are those people doing here? Perving on posts, no doubt, some are laughing about what they see or read, and some are looking for someone to target for harassment, if they can. So there you go.

So Briefsforme, before you condemn U4M for being a site with bad guys, consider that many people come here to read (or do what they want to) without supervision. I'm sorry for your friend. It sucks that he was targeted.

--Dakota

briefsforme
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#12 Post by briefsforme » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:14 am

So I’ll clarify and specify again.

I know— for a fact— at least one person from this board specifically, an underwear enthusiast, harassed this specific person.

I won’t say who it is because it doesn’t matter. Just please stop. You’re ruining the chances of us getting more posts/videos like this.

dakota

#13 Post by dakota » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:51 pm

briefsforme wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:14 am
So I’ll clarify and specify again.

I know— for a fact— at least one person from this board specifically, an underwear enthusiast, harassed this specific person.

I won’t say who it is because it doesn’t matter. Just please stop. You’re ruining the chances of us getting more posts/videos like this.

Fair enough. Whoever is doing it: Stop being a dick.

--Dakota

steevadore
Buddy
Buddy

#14 Post by steevadore » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:24 am

It's frustrating that this happens and I agree 100% with Dakota. There are a lot of a$$holes out there who like to stir sh*t up. I have a twitter account that's dedicated to male models wearing briefs and, for the most part, the reactions have been good. I've also tweeted briefs pics from my personal account as well as from another account dedicated to men, and, while the reactions have been for the most part above board, there is always that seedy, seamy element that pushes the boundaries of good taste.

I've been a site member for a long time but mostly lurk. I come to see if Dakota or Daveinbriefs have posted because I enjoy what they have to say. Dakota, in particular, is a fantastic ambassador. A class act through and through.

dakota

#15 Post by dakota » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:52 am

steevadore wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:24 am
It's frustrating that this happens and I agree 100% with Dakota. There are a lot of a$$holes out there who like to stir sh*t up. I have a twitter account that's dedicated to male models wearing briefs and, for the most part, the reactions have been good. I've also tweeted briefs pics from my personal account as well as from another account dedicated to men, and, while the reactions have been for the most part above board, there is always that seedy, seamy element that pushes the boundaries of good taste.

I've been a site member for a long time but mostly lurk. I come to see if Dakota or Daveinbriefs have posted because I enjoy what they have to say. Dakota, in particular, is a fantastic ambassador. A class act through and through.
Thanks! I'd kiss you, but I'm still waiting on those test results... ;)

--Dakota