Yoga

report your sightings in this forum
JocknBriefGuy
Supporter
Supporter

Yoga

#1 Post by JocknBriefGuy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:39 pm

After having such a blockbuster day of sightings at a farmers market a couple of weeks ago, I thought I'd probably hit the high point for summer sightings. Until a yoga class I went to last week! I attend classes a couple of times a week at a small studio nearby. The studio is near a couple of colleges, and between an established wealthy suburb and an upcoming hipster neighborhood, so the crowd that attends this place is pretty diverse. We get everything from young college students to middle-aged professionals, and tatooed, hipsters. We even have a guy in his late 70's who is has the best strength and balance in the class. The classes tend to split around 50-50 guys and girls.

Last week, I went in for a Thursday evening class. It was a warm evening, and the place has no AC, just ceiling fans, so with 15-18 people packed in a small studio, it gets hot pretty quick. About 5 minutes before the class started, a guy in his late 20s or early 30s came in, and grabbed one of the last open spots, which was one row behind me and one row to my left. He was about 5'9", lean, curly dark hair, wearing a t-shirt and some light gray shorts. The instructor who runs this class mixes up the routine every week, and we often end up cycling through poses that have us facing the front of the studio, then the back, etc. So, he starts the class, moving us through his "warm-up" (even though everyone is sweating already) and about 10 minutes later, puts us into our first downward dog, and that's when I see it. I'm looking back through my legs and the guy who is now behind me is in a down dog and his t-shirt has slid down his back and I can see a black waist band about an inch wide, and no fabric. There is visible skin between the waistband and the waist of his gray shorts. The instructor takes us out of down dog, moves through a bunch of poses, and next thing I know, I'm now facing the back of the room with a flawless view of my new friend. We move into a low lunge (which is like a runners hurdle), and I've got my confirmed jock sighting. His sweaty t shirt has kept it hiked up his back a bit, and his shorts are clinging to his nice butt and I can see the legstraps clearly through his shorts. For the next 15 minutes or so, I got one treat after another, as we loved through various lunging and poses giving me a flawless view of his strapped butt. At one point, the instructor moved us into a (much needed) child's pose (head down on the mat, bent forward, with butt on your heels), and I took an extra long time to take in the view of this guys strapped butt pushed back in my direction. He must have sensed that he was showing, as he attempted to pull his t shirt down a few times, but within a couple of poses, it was right back up again. At the end of class, he was pretty quick to leave, so I unfortunates didn't get the chance to get a better look.

I've been practicing yoga for almost 10 years, and have never once had a jock sighting. I typically see the usual selection of under armour or generic underwear waist bands. So, this was a very nice addition to the week. It made what could have been a hot miserable class much more tolerable. I typically don't wear a jock to yoga, but am wondering if I might need to return the favor, in case he shows up at our class this Thursday. :-)) I'll let you know if I see him again.

UndieGuy

Re: Yoga

#2 Post by UndieGuy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Nice sighting!

MATT25
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#3 Post by MATT25 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:43 am

Nice sighting!

JocknBriefGuy
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by JocknBriefGuy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Well, sadly this guy did not show up this week's class. I'm still holding out hope that we'll see him and his lucky yoga jock again at some point.