What do you wear under Tights or Compression shorts/pants

second board to talk about underwear
nico711
Junior
Junior

What do you wear under Tights or Compression shorts/pants

#1 Post by nico711 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:54 am

I've usually worn compression shorts as a replacement to underwear when working out. But I wanted to know what do you guys wear or recommend to wear under tights, leggings, compression pants what ever you want to call them. At the gym I've been working the guts to just wear tights without shorts, It just seems like the shorts you wear limit your range of motion. I've gone to a different gym a bit further from my home and have worn tights with a longer t shirt, underneath I've worn briefs or bikini briefs. I feel too thick and self conscious to wear a jockstrap much less nothing at all. Anyone would like to share what they wear underneath?

briefsforme
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

Re: What do you wear under Tights or Compression shorts/pants

#2 Post by briefsforme » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:52 am

Hey man.

So about a year ago, I had similar fears. I wanted to just wear tights but was afraid of what people would think. I even walked into the gym with shorts on over the tights then took off the shorts in the lockerroom the first time I did it.

I felt everyone look at me and it was interesting. I didn’t love that feeling, but I loved working out in just tights.

So I kept doing it. I have two pairs of tights. Blue pair from adidas. $35. And a black pair from 2xu. ($100ish)

Anyhow, as far as what I wear under them, I change it up usually between briefs, jock, thong.

I personally don’t usually wear jocks/thongs very often for casual wear. So I only have like 2 of each.

I like low rise briefs but some days, I don’t like that I’m showing off major brieflines. And depending on the pair of briefs, it can look so bunched up.

So I wear thongs too at times. And if I can’t find a thong, I have a couple jocks.

I’m currently looking for a nice short pair of compression shorts so I can just wear those to the gym. No shorts on top. Haha.

Noah

#3 Post by Noah » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:38 am

I have used 2XU long and shorts tights in the gym, commando. Like to show off, too and I do not care about what someone might think. Actually I hope I was beter hung down there. Especially the 2XU is so tight that you really don't need anything under. The shorts I have used in swimming too!

Noah

Tightthong
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Tightthong » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:08 pm

I have some 2XU leggings, a couple N2N tights and an adidas running pant. I do wear thongs under all of them because they wick moisture, and comfy, make me feel sexy and don’t show lines...unless i want to 8)

peppmba
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#5 Post by peppmba » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Hoping to add to this discussion.

I have been going to the gym for 2.5 years now, and I wear tights with no shorts over them 95% of the time. And now I've seen a couple of guys wear them as well, though when I started, I'm pretty sure I was the only one. I find tights the most comfortable because when I'm on the benches or weight machines the tights don't roll around like loose shorts or sweatpants. It's like sitting on just your skin, but better.

Now, with regard to what I wear underneath: I always wear something under as I don't feel it's very hygienic to do otherwise. A second layer, albeit a thin one, is better than none. And the technology in fabrics these days is amazing, so I don't wear cotton anywhere as it gets sopping wet very quickly and takes too long to dry. It is amazing as I walk around in my synthetic tights and microfiber shirts to see all these guys with HUGE sweat stains everywhere or with those spaghetti tops which means their wet armpits are rubbing up against the surfaces I am about to sit on. Meanwhile, I'm perfectly comfortable and pretty dry because the stuff I wear wicks moisture and dries quickly. So my choice for underwear goes 50/50 between Jockey thongs and Jockey sports briefs. But my trick is that I buy them one size smaller so they are tight under my tights :lol: . Normally I wear a Large in Jockey sports briefs, so I buy mediums specifically for the gym. In terms of brieflines, etc., yes, sometimes you can see them, and sometimes you can't, it just depends. My UA tights are pretty nice, but the crotch is a bit see through due to its "breathable" fabric, so if I wear bright briefs, you will see them. I've posted about that here before. But I really don't care. Thongs are practically invisible, and give the right support, though they, too, are visible when I bend over from the back because you can see the Y part, but you'd have to look very hard for that.

Lastly, and very important, is that I use a powder product (Chassis) which is incredible and it helps mitigate sweat. So my routine is to put powder in my nether regions, front and back, then briefs or thong, then my tights, shirt, socks, shoes, and presto, off the gym I go.

Hope this helps. :drinkers:
You do not like it where you are?

Move.

You are not a tree.

Cen0n

#6 Post by Cen0n » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:20 pm

i wear compression shorts and usually a thong underneath under more short. i am too self conscious to go to the gym in just compression shorts or tights...although seeing others do this is hot :snakeman:

briefsforme
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#7 Post by briefsforme » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:46 am

Question for everyone who does or for guys who don’t do this:

Do you think it matters what a guy’s body type is and whether that should be a determining factor on what they wear to the gym?

Personally, I usually don’t care what other people wear to the gym but it sometimes bugs me in different situations.

For example, there’s a dude who’s got a nice muscular frame. Decent build. Lean, whatever. And then he’s wearing baggy basketball basketball shorts past his knees and like an oversized shirt.

I’m like, bro, if you have a nice body, why not highlight it more at the gym?

Usually, guys who wear just compression shorts or just tights(usually I only see tights. I haven’t seen too many guys in just compressions at the gym) are in fairly good shape. But I remember an older light skin black guy who just wore compression shorts. They went to almost his knees so they weren’t too short.

And he wasn’t super out of shape or anything but he did have a bit of a gut. Whatever. Lol

But he was always bulging in his compressions. And it always made me uncomfortable. Not sure why. I think part of it was, I didn’t want to be caught looking. Idk.

Anyhow, so does this play a factor for why you do or don’t wear tights/compressions and on other people who do?