Great review of pouch underwear

saw something interesting in movies or printed media or clips recently?
JocknBriefGuy
Supporter
Supporter

Great review of pouch underwear

#1 Post by JocknBriefGuy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:44 am

Over the past couple of weeks, I've had a number of pairs of long favorite underwear bite the dust. Waistbands suddenly failing, seams ripping, so I thought that it's about time to cull some old favorites and replenish with some new stuff. A year or two ago, I picked up a couple of pairs of MeUndies and Mack Weldon, and I was going to look to them again, but thought I'd do a little bit of research, since there's been an explosion of new underwear brands and fabrics. I ran across this video of a guy who runs a You Tube channel on men's style. He does an extensive review of about 8 types of pouch underwear that he bought and used over a period of months. In addition to providing some great information, he also models each pair, and proves to gifted at filling out all of those pouches. Made me reconsider what I'm thinking about buying!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPrt2jzo__U

It's also worth checking out the other videos posted on his channel. He seems like he should be a member of this community, as he does LOTS of underwear reviews. Grab a coffee and carve out some time to watch - it's worth every minute.

Stu

Re: Great review of pouch underwear

#2 Post by Stu » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Do you like the Mack Weldon and MeUndies? I like the fit of the newer Mack Weldon briefs, because the older style rode up on my butt a little bit. The MeUndies briefs do not have a well-fitting pouch for me. There is always a gap where the pouch meets the front of my thighs, so it’s not comfortable at all. I recently got a pair of Tommy John briefs and those do have a very nice pouch and don’t ride up at all. I like the horizontal fly too.

When I get a chance, I’ll check out the YouTube vid you posted.

bbriefs
Buddy
Buddy

#3 Post by bbriefs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:26 am

What a great review and good understanding.
BBriefs

JocknBriefGuy
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by JocknBriefGuy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Stu wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:08 pm
Do you like the Mack Weldon and MeUndies? I like the fit of the newer Mack Weldon briefs, because the older style rode up on my butt a little bit. The MeUndies briefs do not have a well-fitting pouch for me. There is always a gap where the pouch meets the front of my thighs, so it’s not comfortable at all. I recently got a pair of Tommy John briefs and those do have a very nice pouch and don’t ride up at all. I like the horizontal fly too.

When I get a chance, I’ll check out the YouTube vid you posted.
Stu - I like a couple of each of their products, but not all of them. From Mac Weldon, I have one each of their trunks, boxer briefs, and briefs. The trunks are my favorite, the briefs least. The trunks just seem to fit the best and have the right balance between fit and form. The briefs get uncomfortable after a few hours. The pouch actually is too small or not properly shaped. I can't quite figure out which. MW emailed me a couple of months ago saying that they had redesigned the briefs, so it might be worth another try. I haven't tried the air knit fabric yet, and that might be worth a try.

I love the material and the colors/patterns on the MeUndies. I have a pair of their boxer briefs, which I really like. Excellent fit and extremely soft fabric. I have the same issue on their briefs. The sides of the pouch are too loose, to the point that I've slipped out of it a couple of times. Bummer since the rest of the cut is spot on.

I just placed an order with HisRoom to replace some of my worn gear. I ordered a pair of Saxx trunks to try and am curious to see if they meet up to the hype. I'm also going to check out some of the pouch designs mentioned in this video and may do my own test run.

jamincan
Junior
Junior

#5 Post by jamincan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:53 pm

I have a number of pairs of MeUndies. The material is great, but I find the cut inconsistent. Some fit perfectly and are in rotation as some of my favourite briefs and other fit terribly. I think they have to work on the quality control.

peppmba
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#6 Post by peppmba » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:24 pm

Stu wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:08 pm
Stu, our collections are similar, and so are my observations. I have, I think, every color of MW briefs since they came out, colors that aren't made anymore. Their new fit is better, but the old one didn't bother me that much.

MeUndies have great designs, but as noted above, they are all over the place. I have XL briefs that fit me just fine (normally I'm a Med or L), but the crotch indeed is too loose, while the rest of the brief fits like a glove. If I drop down to their size L, then everything is too tight. I have various of their briefs in L and XL, and yeah, they need to fix it.

Tommy John is probably my new favorite, and I have most of their briefs now; my only problem with them is that they don't roll out nearly as many color options and fabrics with their briefs as they do with their trunks and boxer-briefs. Clearly a reflection of where their bread-and-butter sales are I suppose.

My only real addition to this is that I have several Le Slip briefs, and I love those, though right now TJ would still be my new favorites. And yes, the horizontal fly is awesome.
You do not like it where you are?

Move.

You are not a tree.