After all these years....

discuss about anything (related to underwear)
MadAboutUW

After all these years....

#1 Post by MadAboutUW » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:00 am

....you would think it would be easier to discard underwear that I will no longer wear.

So, for the past year I have been buying new underwear that I, of course, didn't yet need - about 30 in my new underwear stock. After realizing that it was time to switch some of the old with some of the new I began making the switch. I switched out about 18 pairs.

Well, that was fun; now just toss out the used. Where is the used underwear now?... Still sitting on my bed; I can't bring myself to just throw it out. Everytime I do this type of culling out I run into the same problem. Anguish...lol So, I will probably end up with them in a drawer for a while, look at them occasionally, and finally get over my attachment and throw them out. I figure the UW funeral will be in about six weeks!

Anybody else have this 'problem'', and do you have a ritual, of sorts, for getting rid of underwear that doesn't meet your standards any more and have to go?
Still feelin' good all under

Noah

Re: After all these years....

#2 Post by Noah » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:18 am

Dear Friend!

I do share your pain and sorrow. Unfortunately I do not have the quantity of your either new or old collection.
But I'm always sad in getting rid of some ld pair, even if it is a single pair.

These http://www.underwear4men.com/vg/albums/ ... G_0489.jpg used to be one of my favourite but after few latest use and wash I noticed that they are quite worn out.
And I just berried them in my daily carbage-bag. And tried to forget them immediately.

Noah

WI Jockey Man
Junior
Junior

#3 Post by WI Jockey Man » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:28 am

I have a similar problem with a lot of stocked up UW... I probably have a 10 year supply that are in waiting...

As for getting rid of, my left testicle must rub against my thighs a lot, because almost all my UW wears a hole in that side of the pouch. Once I notice the hole, then they go out.

peppmba
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#4 Post by peppmba » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:05 am

Hello Mad and everyone else,

You made me laugh, Mad, with your "problem" and the underwear funeral announcement, :lol: .

I, too, have a "new stock" drawer, separate from my daily underwear drawers (I've posted pictures somewhere on this board). My only ritual, if you can call it that, is to simply take out the pair or pairs I no longer want, put them in a "holding" area in my closet, and leave them there for a while until I am sure I no longer want them. Then out they go. The good news is that I live in Mexico, and since the pairs I get rid of are usually in great condition, I put them in a bag along with other clothes and give the bag away. I know someone will benefit from them. For example, I just got rid of four brand new, still in the bag Jockey white briefs size 34 from Costco. Package came with six, I used two, didn't like the full rise, and simply took the package with the remaining four pair and gave them away. Easy peasy. :D
You do not like it where you are?

Move.

You are not a tree.

briefsUK
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#5 Post by briefsUK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:27 am

I’ve just been to India for a couple of weeks, I packed plenty of briefs of course, but old ones, rather than brand new ones, in case my luggage got lost , then I wouldnt mind losing them, also I wouldn’t want brand new ones to get all sweaty and messed up in the heat , as I went about my sightseeing. I thought I’d discard my old briefs during my trip , making my case a bit lighter on my return, and it’d be a good way of clearing my old briefs out.
I went through my underwear drawers , found some older style ck briefs, Aussiebums, Hom briefs , which I’ve not worn for years , took them with me, and .... of course I’ve brought them back . I enjoyed wearing them , my partner enjoyed seeing me in some of the discontinued styles , especially the briefer Hom ones .I just couldn’t bring myself to throw them away . I’ve got other trips planned, they can come with me again .
Last edited by briefsUK on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Into briefs, thongs, boxerbriefs, Hom, CK

briefsUK
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#6 Post by briefsUK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:28 am

briefsUK wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:27 am
I’ve just been to India for a couple of weeks, I packed plenty of briefs of course, but old ones, rather than brand new ones, in case my luggage got lost , then I wouldnt mind losing them, also I wouldn’t want brand new ones to get all sweaty and messed up in the heat , as I went about my sightseeing. I thought I’d discard my old briefs during my trip , making my case a bit lighter on my return, and it’d be a good way of clearing my old briefs out.
I went through my underwear drawers , found some older style ck briefs, Aussiebums, Hom briefs , which I’ve not worn for years , took them with me, and .... of course I’ve brought them back . I enjoyed wearing them , my partner enjoyed seeing me in some of the discontinued styles , especially the briefer Hom ones .I just couldn’t bring myself to throw them away . I’ve got other trips planned, they can come with me again .
Into briefs, thongs, boxerbriefs, Hom, CK

ManDrake7
Junior
Junior

#7 Post by ManDrake7 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:45 am

Nice reading guys, I have a hard time throwing out old pairs of undies too, and still have several ancient pairs kicking about in the bottom of my underwear drawers.
sometimes I use them as a cumrag then I feel happier to throw them out...any of you guys tried that?

Stu

#8 Post by Stu » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:08 pm

I had a large amount of underwear that I was just stockpiling, mainly because I didn’t like the way they fit or looked anymore. I ended up mailing them, postage paid, to Mack Weldon. I bought some underwear from them and saw they had a recycle program, so off they went. Check it out at MackWeldon.com/recycle

peppmba
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

#9 Post by peppmba » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Stu wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:08 pm
I had a large amount of underwear that I was just stockpiling, mainly because I didn’t like the way they fit or looked anymore. I ended up mailing them, postage paid, to Mack Weldon. I bought some underwear from them and saw they had a recycle program, so off they went. Check it out at MackWeldon.com/recycle

Stu, I've done that as well, got a $10 credit at their store, and combined it with my 20% Level Two member discount, so I...bought more stuff. :roll: :lol:
You do not like it where you are?

Move.

You are not a tree.

Brentus69
Junior
Junior

#10 Post by Brentus69 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:50 am

I have the same problem. I have a drawer bursting with 45 pair of boxers and every time I see a pair that I like I end up buying it and adding it to my collection. Yes, I try to adhere to the mantra "One pair in-One pair out" but it never happens. The "One pair out" usually ends up in a drawer of an old dresser we have in the basement. If I get horny and want to beat off in my boxers that's the stash that I end up going to. :wink: